Monday, July 20, 2009

The CURSE of the scales

Okay....So I went to the Dr's last week for my 7 week check up. I weighed before going on our scales then when I weighed in on the Dr's scale there was an 8 pound difference - resulting in me weighing 8 more pounds than I thought!!! Our scales now sit in the garage (Jim won't let me throw them away!!!).

So, according to the Dr's scales, I've lost 31 pounds!! I've been loosing inches and have gone down quite a few sizes so I had to break down and go get some clothes. I wanted to see how long I could go without buying any - only lasted out 7 weeks.

I hurt my knee and haven't been able to speed walk for a few days. I go to the therapist tomorrow to see why I'm having the problems I am (all resulting from using a thighmaster I bought for a buck at a garage sale!!!). Can't wait til he says I can start up again.

3 comments:

Shenay said...

A scale can be your worst enemy. I guess all that matters is that you feel good inside and out. I thought you looked fabulous!

Kevin Pratt said...

Debbie, I thought the same thing about my scale. The doctor's scale always seems to put me 5-7 lbs heavier than mine. The other day, Kevin took some weights we have and put them on our scale and it measured exactly what the weight was! Try that on your scale and FORGET what the doctor's scale was. I think they up it just to be mean:)After all, isn't less more?

One Big Happy Family said...

Thanks Shenay and Chelsea for your encouragement - it weally weally helps!!!! Love you!