Wednesday, June 24, 2009

One Month Ago......

One month ago today I had my surgery and I am at minus 30 pounds!

There is one thing I really miss, with the bypass, I have to sip all fluids and I really miss being able to gulp down a tall glass of cold water.

The bypass lifestyle has been a challenge lately.... I am having a hard time eating - nothing tastes good and it bugs my stomach when I eat or drink. The only thing I've been able to handle is ice (love the ice from Sonic!).

Yesterday I was feeling frustrated because my body needs energy and I'm very low on it because I haven't been able to eat. I went to the store and walked the aisles looking for something that might help. I picked up a frozen Weight Watchers cheese lasagne brought it home, cooked it and guess what? I was able to eat a third of the portion - yippee!!!! I can't believe how much better I felt after eating :)

A couple of weeks ago I bought a "Thigh Master" at a garage sale for a buck, thinking it would be good for me to work my legs and arms with it - WRONG....I didn't use it correctly. I put it between my knees and forced it and ended up ripping something in my knee and could hardly walk! I was down with that for about 5 days icing it every chance I got. Yesterday was my first day back walking - it still aches and that really bugs!!!

2 comments:

Lynds said...

Glad you are feeling better. I LOVE the thigh master!!!!!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

woo hoo! let's see some pictures already!