Tuesday, June 16, 2009

3 Weeks Post Op

Not too long ago someone told me I took the easy way out to lose my weight. It might seem that way to a lot of you but I'm here to tell you that even though I am losing weight quickly (I'VE LOST 25 POUNDS ALREADY!!) that the changes that take place are challenging.

Re-introducing food to a thumb sized stomach is complicated - what the old stomach liked, the new stomach doesn't care for, and I've just started with very simple foods. My biggest enemy is my "old" brain pattern (does that surprise you??). Although I am pulling out of my old habits, they still linger and my mind tells me I'm hungry but my stomach says no way. You'd be surprised how ones head can play games with herself!!!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Congratulations on your surgery! I'm glad to hear you are doing well. My mother-in-law had this surgery and says it's the best thing she could've ever done. She is healthy and happy. It is alot to adjust to, but you will get used to the changes in your diet, and get it all figured out. It is all uphill from here.

Amber and Jared said...

Good job Debbie! I don't think that you have taken the easy route at all! Congratulations on looseing 25 lbs! I'm sure you look like one hot mommma! :) Keep up the good work!!!!!

Love,
Amber (MacKay) Rex

Kirsten said...

K. I think I meant downhill!