Sunday, July 31, 2011

I'm back!!

So it's been a long time and I don't know if anyone visits this site anymore. It's been a little over 2 years since my gastric bypass and I am enjoying my new body. It's been about 19 months since Jim's gastric bypass and he is doing awesome - he goes to the gym 3 times a week and you should see the muscles popping out and I lika-lika!! :)

I am starting a new journey in life and have decided that I am going to blog about it. It's the journey of donating a kidney to my sister. It's been a few intense months with several testing phases to see if I was compatible with her. I know that it is through the many prayers said in her behalf that we are to this point where she is going to be able to get off dialysis and start enjoying her life. When I met with the surgeon he asked me if I was donating to my twin sister because we are a perfect match (yah, twins 8 years apart)! The date is set for August 23rd. I would like to THANK Jim for being by my side and supporting me on this journey - I could not do it without him. I would also like to THANK my children for supporting me too. I asked each of them how they felt about it and they are behind me 100%.

Hopefully I won't forget to get on every few days as it comes closer and describe my feelings.....

1 comment:

The Hatch Family said...

I think it sounds like a great idea to blog about it! I would love to hear about your experience. I know yor ad your sisters surgeries were a while ago, but I hope it all went well.