Thursday, January 28, 2010

Back Home From Babysitting Grandboo-boo's!!

For the last 2 weeks, I've been in San Antonio, TX babysitting my grandboo-boo's while Toby and Kelli were on a get away. It was wonderful being with the boys but I will admit that I am one tired granny!!

Hears a good story about one day I had there: Lucas woke me up at 3:00am because he had a bad dream. It took about 45 mins to get him settled and back to sleep. I got back into bed and 10 mins later Kyle started screaming. I took him downstairs for a drink and found out that Daisy, the dog, crapped in her kennel so I had to put Kyle on the couch with some dry cereal and the Disney channel on so I could go out back and wash the kennel out with the hose. It was at this point that Lucas came downstairs to see what was going on so he joined his brother on the couch. So here I am at 4:00am out in the back in my jammies and it's cold and I turn on the hose and it squirts me in the face (tee hee on me!!). I get it somewhat washed out but don't know how well because the outside light is ghetto so I left the kennel outside and made Daisy lay on a blanket inside. A while later the boys and I fell asleep on the couch and about 30 mins later I woke up to an awful odor - yep, Daisy crapped again!!! This time on a big area rug so, I had to drag it outside, trying to be quiet not to wake up the boys, turn on that damn hose that squirts you no matter what and spray off the rug. I was bugged and tired so I made Daisy stay outside! About 30 mins later, she started barking and woke the boys up. It was about 5:30-6:00am at this point and I had to go outside to get her so the neighbors wouldn't get bugged. She wouldn't come in (she's a skiddish one!!) so I had to chase her around the yard which was still soggy from all the rain they've been having there - I'm really getting bugged at this point!!!!! I get back in the house and the boys are saying they are hungry and they want cereal with milk and Lucas picked out Raisin Bran. So I sit them at their little table with their own bowls of cereal and Kyle is swinging his arms and hits his bowl of cereal and it flies all over the place! At this point I was like - what the heck, it's just cereal and not crap so I put Kyle on the couch and started cleaning it up. I was on my knees by Lucas wiping it up and he had a full mouth of cereal and had to sneeze - of course, the chewed up bran and raisins landed in my hair!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started to laugh and then cry and then laugh..........got Kyle's mess cleaned up, walked over to the sink and started flicking Lucas' chewed up junk out of my hair and I hear a thump and look over at the table where Lucas had left his cereal free and clear for Kyle to walk up and fling it all over!!! So another clean up of me laughing and crying in intervals!!! Then, I had to go outside in back to get squirted by the hose so I could really clean the kennel and the rug up - that was right when the sun was coming up. I finally get that done, come back in the house to discover that Kyle had crapped his pants BIG time....Another cleaning and changing!!!!!! I love my grandbabies!!!

Update.....I've lost 101 pounds and Jim has lost 65!

XOXOXOXO
Debbs

4 comments:

Doralee said...

Debbie, this is the funniest blog post I have read in a long time. I had to laugh out loud while at the same time I was crying with you. I have had days like that as a mother. Probably, all mothers have. You shouldn't have to go through that as a grandmother. You've done your time!

Whitney said...

Hahaha you are so funny! I loved the story, I'll have to show my mom she will die! Im happy you were able to go see your grandbabies and Im glad that your home. Congrats on losing the weight, your an inspiration to me! love you Debbie!

The Hatch Family said...

Wow 101 pounds! your my hero!

Shenay said...

Congrats on the crazy weight loss! And my goodness, that's quite a story you have to tell. Hilarious!