Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pre-op Appointment

Went in for my pre-op today. Found out that they had to move my surgery date by one day so now I am going in on Wed. May 29th and the surgery will be about 8:00am. Here's what my eating schedule will be like for the first year:

1-2 days after bypass - Clear Liquids (water, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, broth..)

2-14 days after bypass - Thick Liquids (Egg drop soup, sugar free yogurt, sugar free puding, tomato juice, protein shakes..)

15-30-60 days after bypass - Soft Solids (Scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, mozzarella sticks, greek yogurt, soft tofu....)

After that, up to a year - 3 meals a day consisting of 4oz. of food at each meal - meat and veggies. Sip 64oz. of water throughout the day.

After a year, gradually add other healthy foods.

People keep asking me if I am scared. Answer - not really. I am so determined to do something about my weight - having to go to the extreme of bypass, I am going to do everything I'm asked to do so that I can be successful.

....I'm looking forward to having a moo-moo burning party!!!!

1 comment:

The Wrattens said...

Yay mommy I am so excited for you!! Love you!!